Saturday, January 10, 2015

Another Blogger in the Midst

For at least the last 5 years I've tinkered with the thought of blogging.  I've started and stopped throughout this time thinking I had just a great idea i.e. my food blog other years not so much.  However, this blog is different for me.  It's more personal and the desire to write about the empowerment and encouragement of my tribe has not gone away. 

As a woman, my identity is extremely complex.  I have numerous interests, talents, skills, distractions and some pesky demons.  All of these things (I can't think of a better word for it) pulls me in different directions.  In some circles, I should be demur, others I need to be stoic, somewhere around the corner I should be sexy, then down the block I should be a feminist.  I know I'm not the only woman who feels this continuous tug-of-war, so this blog gives me an opportunity to share my internal dialogue with others. 

It's my hope, this blog will give voice to topics that we only talk with our closest friends.  This blog will be a mixed bag of quotes, book reviews, posts and what would a blog be without the authors opinion. The beauty of being a woman is our compelling desire to be a part of a community.  Thusly, this blog will provide an outlet for just that, a community of Kindred Spirits.

Coco

No comments:

Post a Comment